Defense CS Aden Duale has asked former Treasury CS Ukur Yattani to carry his own cross over claims that the approval of Sh15 billion by the Controller of Budgets was done within the law.
In a series of tweets, Duale told Yattani to prepare to carry his own cross over the alleged irregular transactions.
He said Yatani and those in whose interest he acted must account for every single cent misappropriated in dubious deals.
“CS Yatani can run but cannot hide. You can try to shift and pass the buck, but watertight evidence adduced by the CoB incriminates you,” Duale said.
The defence CS said no request for approval of such funds was made to the 12th Parliament when he was Majority Leader as claimed by Yatani.
“During my tenure as Majority Leader in the National Assembly, no such callous and unscrupulous deals were transacted,” he said.
In a statement on Wednesday, Yatani absolved himself from blame saying the Sh15 billion was regularly approved in line with the Constitution.
Last week, Deputy President Rigathi Gachagua claimed that the Azimio leaders carried cash in boxes and loaded it in choppers at Wilson Airport police air wing and transported it into their private residences.
However, Yattani insisted that Article 223 of the law empowers Treasury CS, under certain circumstances, to approve funds not appropriated by Parliament provided the parliamentary approval is given within two months.
“For the Controller of Budget to suggest that I pressured her to authorize some payments without parliamentary approval is therefore calculated malice,” Yatani said.
He said he is considering taking legal action against CoB, Margaret Nyakang’o.
While appearing before Parliamentary Public Petitions Committee on Tuesday, Nyakang’o said she knew it was irregular but she gave in to Yatani’s pressure and approved the Sh15 billion.
In his statement on Wednesday, Yatani said the Sh15 billion which Nyakang’o insinuated was stolen was actually utilised on maize and fuel subsidies and the construction of Lamu-Garissa and Garissa-Isiolo roads.
Duale said no such projects were commissioned by the head of State.
“Stop lying! Never has the President and Commander in Chief Dr William Ruto opened any modern referral facility for the Kenya Defense Forces. You were used and abused by the Handshake brothers and now you bear economic and criminal culpability individually. “he said.
Duale claimed that the purge that was instigated against Ruto’s allies in the Jubilee government was meant to pave way for the unprocedural expenditure of public funds.
He said more shocking revelations on economic pilferage in the previous regime will be brought forth and shake the nation to its very foundations.
“Kenyans will know why they were desperate to interfere with the results of the General Election,” Duale said.